2002-10-24 SvsG emails
22:12 from Nick
|Date:||Thu, 24 Oct 2002 22:12:00 -0400|
|From:||"N. Staddon" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|User-Agent:||Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win95; en-US; rv:1.1a) Gecko/20020611|
|Subject:||Re: [Fwd: RE: Third Renewal Notice from BulkRegister.com]|
N.go ahead and renew it. This should be an automatic cuz I know we've been making enough to cover the $12.
You've been making enough in the past couple of weeks, yes -- but you still owe a lot more than that, and I can't start disbursing anything until RDA starts paying back that debt. I also thought I'd made it clear that I couldn't disburse anything until there is what I'd consider a reasonable working balance in the bank, where $1000 was about what I had in mind for that. (Bank balance is currently at about $350, but the Zion restock has yet to be debited.)
RDA figures for balance since June 1:
- Basic debt: $802.71 (including estimated deduction for BellSouth bills)
- this has not changed since Lynne stopped using the checks & card
- Sales share balance: $267.05 (estimate)
- dramatic improvement since 10/5, when it was -$206.36.
- Shows the difference a little inventory can make...
- Net RDA position (sales minus debt): -$535.66
So, I'd like to see a deposit for $12 if you want RH to pay $12 for the domain name.
Better yet, I'd like to see RDA open its own bank account (as long ago promised) and start paying for its own domain name renewals, not to mention web hosting. RH fee for hosting this domain is $10/month, beginning when I moved it to the dedicated server. Before that, Hostway was charging $15.95/month and RH was paying it.
Those amounts have not yet shown up in the "Small Balancing Act" spreadsheet because I quit Hostway before June 1 and the S.B.A. accounting doesn't include Red House's charges for services rendered. Off the top of my head, those charges will include:
- web hosting for redistribution.org et al., $10/mo.
- use of and tech support for (rates to be determined):
- Waldorf as non-RH workstation
- Canon inkjet printer
- network equipment
- Earthlink dial-up connection and its availability as a back-up in the event of cable failure (not the full $20/mo, but some percentage)
I'll work out the usage rates much the same way we worked out the rate for storage in container #3 -- extrapolate commercial rates for comparable services/equipment and discount it substantially.
But to return to the main point -- Red House is no longer floating RDA purchases. If you need the domain renewed, please deposit $12.