2002-06-13 SvsG Emails
08:33 from Lynne
|Date:||Thu, 13 Jun 2002 08:33:24 -0400|
|From:||"Lynne G." <email@example.com>|
|X-Mailer:||Mozilla 4.51 [en]C-AtHome0405 (Win95; I)|
|To:||"N. Staddon" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, bubba-2020-12-4-04:email@example.com, lynne-2020-12-4-04:firstname.lastname@example.org|
You haven't heard from us, primarily, because we are totally overwhelmed with the responsibilities of the current circumstances. The need to instantly facilitate a move into an already occupied space has necessitated outrageously time consuming attempts at escalating tentitive plans into emergency measures. I left for Macon at 6 AM yesterday and didn't return until after 10 PM. Bubba had Adrian and much more that he could not handle alone. Marty has not been back since the day before you left. I'm sure he's exhausted. So are we. "Online" is not always possible under current circumstances. There is only one phone line and the chord that was run over one set of doors and down through the bottom of the door into our room was cut in half (probably just the way it landed in a hinge or something) and we were without a phone line at all for several hours, which of course put extra demands on the phone for a while when it was fixed.
I've tried to set up an appointment to have all of the lines brought over to Hull Road. They say we need to be "current" in order to do that. I just paid another $200 on it Friday, leaving $113.00 which they will add to the new bill which just came out. That would work under normal circumstances, but for moving the phone lines... It won't. I have felt uncomfortable about not being able to actually sit down and go over the details of the financial stuff with you where it is involving both accounts. The $550 that bounced was subtracted from our account and rather than re-deposit it... I simply didn't put the money into SunTrust that I planned to put in to cover the recent debits that I had put on the card. To me, that makes sense because I'm figuring that where I had already put in $250 and $250 toward the $550 that we borrowed... that plan would just balance it out. We didn't, however, process that all out and check it with the current balance to be sure everything checked out... I'm hearing that there was a large Liquid Blue order placed on Friday and that we probably haven't debited the cards. All of this makes me a little bit nervous because where I do not have access to all of the facts... I can only assume that all is well. If we don't NEED the computer in question... I'd let it ride until we know what shape we're in with costs associated with our current circumstances. The cable company is saying we need Windows '98 on these machines so it would make sense to check on upgrading to two that don't have it on them. Also, we have to buy some materials to assist in the process of upgrading the electrical at Hull Road to insure that we will be able to accomodate the additional voltage we are planning to put on.
We have not sat down and actually processed out the steps that will be needed to taken to accomodate our new set of circumstances. There are many questions to be asked and answered and some may have associated costs. In the long run, this may be much more economical. In the short term... my intuition says to hold off on spending until we have a clearer picture of what we are dealing with in the "now."
As far as we know, the Red House was not re-entered on Tuesday night and noone has been over there to check on it this morning. Bubba checked on it around 1 AM after getting the last of the boxes of shirts into the room. Something that we need to do IMMEDIATELY is move shelving over... Without it... we're dead in the water. There is still stuff piled in the livingroom, at this point. Progress will have to be made together.
Are you almost here?
"N. Staddon" wrote:
Haven't heard anything from y'all since yesterday, and you're not online so I could icq... Unless there's some compelling reason for me to be down there this evening, I'm going to plan to stay here one more day so I can do some catching-up before jumping back into the chaos of moving. Hopefully the cable internet will have arrived and it will be possible for me to connect my computer...
Did Bubba have any luck at the flea market?
Has anyone checked RH to see if it survived being unoccupied last night? I was going to suggest that B ask Livia to put her car there again last night, but then B never got on ICQ.
Any opinion on that PC I emailed you about? I had been under the impression that it was $250 marked down to $125, but it's $500 marked down to $250. Downside is it's a Dell, with a non-standard bus, so not very upgradeable. And then I remembered that Bubba was pretty sure we'd be able to get grants for equipment via your returning grant-writer person whose name temporarily escapes me -- but I thought I'd see how y'all felt. It's been there for at least a month now, so it's not like I have to jump on it.