< User:Woozle | blogJump to navigation Jump to search
Woozle blog posts: 2009
- 2009-10-24 1239 Josh Biathlon : Today's Josh Puzzler Challenge: Find the missing object.
- 2009-10-20 2131 what I learned about ValueOptions today : I had previously visited the web site for ValueOptions, the company which
deniesapproves Medicaid and Health Choice benefits in North Carolina but had been unable to find any way of contacting them electronically. Today, however, I went poking around more methodically and found...
- 2009-09-05 0823 Balancing without a paddle : So here's the kind of thing I mean about needing daily balances.
- 2009-08-25 0654 Joshercize your way to rage and exhaustion : Josh's first morning back at school went about as well as I expected, which is to say not very well at all. We're fully expecting a call from the school any minute.
- 2009-07-04 1602 Joshing in the Men's Room : The lack of posts has not been due to lack of events but rather too many to keep up with. Here's what happened today.
- 2009-06-10 0640 No relief in sight : I don't really have the focus to write a proper blog post about this (except to note that the first sign of trouble came near the end of the day on Friday in the form of a phone call and that we waited all weekend and Monday with no news), but I should at least post this "team update" email which more or less explains what has happened.
- 2009-05-25 1033 Star Trek vs. Demonization : The other day, it somehow came up that Harena's 12-year-old wanted to watch the "Devil in the Dark" episode of Star Trek. Having not watched it in maybe a decade or more, I sat down and watched it with him (from a VHS tape I apparently recorded in ~1987).
- 2009-05-17 0806 In which the hypertwins are not engulfed in flame : Woke up abruptly at about 2 a.m. to the smell of acrid smoke, after a dream about being in an airlock (without a spacesuit) as it was slowly evacuated.
- 2009-05-13 0856 The Josh Report : It took me from 5:45 until about 7:15 to get Josh to school. Here's what happened.
- 2009-04-30 1751 A rational look at Inkworld : I was just ranting out loud to Harena about how the "real world" characters in the Inkworld series (which I've been reading to the chitlins for their bedtime story) seem to be almost completely oblivious to the benefits which 800 or so years* of additional civilization has brought them.
- 2009-04-07 1003 The Money Situation : This is at the root of what makes me freeze up when I'm trying to tackle gi-normous to-do lists, I think: the fact that no matter how hard I work, we're still ultimately facing a situation where we may have to move again. I don't know the rules and I don't know what the options are, but here's the situation.
- 2009-03-22 0933 Weekends are so much fun : If I have patience about the situation, then my clients will get mad for taking too long. If I push really hard to get stuff done, I end up blowing up at people. Here's what's happening right now...
- 2009-03-18 0735 Life With Josh : I'm not sure anybody really understands how completely Josh dominates our day-to-day existence, even when he's not here. I'm not sure I can explain it very well, either.
- 2009-02-26 1949 Today's Moment of Shame : I have a small collection of "Moments of Shame" -- times when I did or said something which, in retrospect, I realized was really stupid or tasteless, and possibly hurtful to others, and which I will never ever be able to forget or stop wincing about.
- 2009-02-22 1125 how time gets wasted : The worker says he'll be bringing Josh back at around 5pm. So a little before that, I stop trying to focus on anything where I'll be Vastly Annoyed if I get interrupted. (Maybe you can see where this is going already.)
- 2009-02-20 1222 Perfect Storm : Consider the following combination of circumstances: (1) internet functioning erratically, (2) both hypertwins with splitting headaches, (3) Friday errands to be done, (4) child sick and wanting to stay home from school, (5) some kind of special exhibition at Zander's school this afternoon...
- 2009-02-17 1913 Social Services Catch-22 : We can't get the service we requested because we should be using another service we can't get.
- 2009-02-14 0817 Inaugural post : Woke up at 5 AM in order to arrive at Duke School on time to meet Zander's ride for the Science Olympiad at 6. Turned out we had the times backwards; he didn't need to be there until 6:30. And then it turned out it just wasn't happening anyway...
- 2009-02-11 no light, just tunnel : The coveted group home placement currently looks very distant indeed, and I am trying not to be completely depressed about it.