Xmas CD Project
The Christmas Benefit CD Project was a musical recording project initiated by Lynne and intended to raise funds for the RDA, Red House Media, and the charity for which Lynne was working at the time (possibly the Georgia Coalition to End Homelessness or the Metro Atlanta Task Force for the Homeless.
It was conceived in response to the 9/11 terrorist attacks and was aimed at the Christmas 2001 market. This left a very tight schedule for completion which, unfortunately, the project did not meet; recording and mixing of the CD was completed on approximately 12/24. As a result of this, it "sold" (officially, copies were not sold but instead given away as prizes to donors) very few copies in 2001-2002.
The agreement between the three parties consisted, in part, of the following:
- Revenue from "sales" (donations) would go first to cover the expenses of producing the CD
- Revenue above and beyond expenses (i.e. after expenses had all been covered) would be split 3 ways equally between RDA, Nick/RH, and the charity
- Nick would not charge anything for his time, working instead "on spec" for a share of the proceeds as given above
It was not specified in what order expenses would be covered, in the event that revenues were less than expenses. Both Lynne/RDA and Nick/RH contributed monetarily to the project.
- Guitar: Mostly Lynne and Jody; Nick played on one track
- Lead vocal: Lynne except "Remember" (lead vocal Jody)
- Backing vocals: Frank & Jessica Whitehill, Lynne and Bubba (all in various combinations); Lynne's grandkids sang on 2 or 3 tracks
- Drums: Bubba
- Keyboards: Nick
- Keyboard arrangements (strings and such): Nick
- Recording: all recording equipment, space, engineering, and production provided by Nick except:
- Adam provided one or two extra microphones for the final recordings, and worked on early sessions (provided all recording equipment, space, engineering, and production) which were ultimately not used except for the grandchildren vocals. He also very kindly provided digital dumps of those early sessions.
- Bubba and Lynne Griever
- Jody Moore : Lynne's second-oldest son
- Frank and Jessica Whitehill: Jessica is Lynne's third-oldest daugher; Frank is Jess's husband
- Adam: last name not known; no relation
- Nick: is Woozle; no relation. See also Woozle's audio projects.
I do not have any records from Lynne regarding the few sales there were, nor any formal listing of RDA's expenses. I am reconstructing a list based on the photocopied receipts and checks provided to me in July/August as part of the discovery process in Staddon vs. Griever.