Thursday, January 14, 2010 (#14)
Thursday, January 14, 2010
- Meeting with Josh's case manager (CM) to sign papers related to residential services (was there from 8:30 to 10:30 or so)
- Scanned Josh's latest IEP and his SSI denial; emailed them to CM
- Contacted Progressive about having sewer lines replaced
- The guy came by and started rolling with the permits and getting the other utility lines mapped out; not expecting anything to happen before tomorrow)
- /email to Tax Assessor about the implications of this (and as a follow-up)
- /email to UNC Dentistry about making an appointment for Josh
- actually received a reasonable response to this on the same day!
- /email to Tax Assessor about Nissan: Durham County may initiate collection for the massive $23 tax bill on this car. The web site won't let me pay the tax until it passes inspection. It can't pass inspection until the tail light is replaced (not patched or repaired) -- and I've been unable to obtain a replacement part, despite multiple attempts.
Can't schedule an appointment for an estimate because I don't know when we'll be back from Josh's Care Plan meeting. Don't know if we'll be able to do it today because the plumber people might not be available before it's time to pick up kids. Can't schedule it for tomorrow because we have a big Care Review meeting at noon. And then it's the weekend, and we don't want to pay emergency rates (do we?).
Okay, I guess if we end up not being able to get them out here today, we can schedule it for tomorrow morning. But in the meantime we're back to square one where the pipes seem to be pretty much completely backed up.
...only now they're draining more reasonably. Maybe there actually *was* some ice? We're having the outside pipe replaced anyway, because the water still backs up far enough to cause leaks.