|Location: uncertain: <listing> <description>|
I made a note that this folder was empty and I had deleted it, but then it showed up again with content... including content notes.
Notes from 2007-01-17
Digitized at slow speed 44.1 KHz, then sample-rate adjusted to 88.2 KHz
Sounds like something wrong with channel 1, probably a dirty contact; needs re-digitizing.
Quicky track listing
- (first part was recorded at slow speed)
- Primordial (source?)
- happy piano-guitar thing
- very early calliope thing (original? if so, beginning is partly destroyed)
- (switches to high speed here)
- B-A-G jam overdub: rhodes on track 2 (blah)
- (back to low speed)
- guitar and synth noodling
- (back to high speed)
- something B-A-G-ish
- original B-A-G jam with different lead guitar (Mike's)
- ends 30:00 underwater guitar (probably source tracks)
- short keyboard doodle
- Please Mr. DJ (several overdubs, possibly original tracks in there too)
- Pineapple - final overdub
- From Nowhere - overdub attempt; not terribly successful. Mixdown is single-channel only.
I made these before noticing the notes.txt file.
- primordial overdub attempt, including attempt at middle of Brave New World
- weird echo noise
- calliope moog songlet, probably an overdub
- B-A-G jam at half speed -- possibly an overdub attempt, sounds like Fender-Rhodes
- possibly intercut this with Pineapple? need to check tempo match
- electric guitar (sounds related to Underwater Guitar; at least some is half-speed) in one channel, moog noodling in other, completely unrelated
- B-A-G jam again at half speed, but a bit more recognizable; maybe this was the version I used?
- Underwater Guitar -- sounds like first layer (half speed)
- includes attempted transitional Moog bit
- odd bass thing, very short
- Please Mr. DJ (half speed)
- original, then organ overdub attempt, then acoustic guitar overdub attempt with Al Stewart organ bit (sounds good slowed down)
- Pineapple: probably a working submix - each track appears to be a mix
- Distortion overdub attempt 1 - probably original piano tracks, but the good guitar dub is lost iirc. I think there might also be bad bass playing by someone who isn't me
- The last bit of the good guitar solo seems to still be present, however?
- Distortion overdub attempt 2 - maybe just adding more of the good mix, manually re-synched to make it more swirly? If so, this is the source I used for the cassette mix.
- How about combining both of them for even more swirlyness?
- Am-C-G synthdrum thing - mono mix with some guitar that's mostly all wrong (slowly improves), plus keyboard overdubs. Towards the end it starts almost falling together. Ends with piano improv.