Thursday, November 3, 2022 (#307)
The Fresh Market trip turned into a trip to stop by H!mom's apartment to pick up some flowerpots that K forgot to retrieve yesterday; unfortunately H!mom wasn't home. Stopped off at K's anyway to drop off some supplies and a light-duty tarp/drop-cloth/? she loaned us way back earlier this year when we were helping move stuff out of her store.
Started in on Mel's room -- first order of business is to dust off and pack up all the stuff on the mini-shelf in front of the larger shelf. The mini-shelf has a lot of lego stuff on it, as well as miscellaneous bits which may or may not be of any value to him; I'm putting everything neatly in boxes in case it's important.
Legos inside the green mini-shelf (I'm still working on the top, haven't gotten to this part yet):
The top half of the book case, containing but a small fraction of Mel's book collection:
Made Tigger Quiche Glop. Today's enhancements:
- a small amount of leftover cooked spinach
- mixed in with the eggs before scrambling:
- shiitake mushroom stems
- minced garlic
- italian spices
- sliced portabello shrooms
- leftover chicken goop (most of which probably drained off, oh well, but hopefully some of it got absorbed by noodles & shrooms)
- There was an extra-chonky slice of bacon that nobody wanted to use, so I cut it up with scissors and stir-fried it with minced garlic and some shiitake slices, and added it to the Glop after cooking... and then also poured the grease from the stir-fry pan (which I'd guess was about 2/3 grapeseed oil and 1/3 bacon grease).
The result was pronounced a success.
A smol chonk of coding progress: