August 26, 2016 Batch

Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 4 September 2016 at 12:15.
The highlighted comment was edited in this revision. [diff]

August 26, 2016 Batch

Didn't have a sifter, so W stabbed at the baking soda with a fork. There were some small lumps but they didn't seem to be problematic.

Got about 9 and a half deodorants using the weights for the cocoa butter (solid) & coconut oil (liquid 'cause summer) shown in the recipe.

Also need to find my larger strainer with the black handle.

    Harena (talk)20:18, 26 August 2016

    I think this is the first time I've added the Tea Tree Oil to the deodorant in a long time (I had taken it out as a suspect for the cause of irritation for some people. In the end, I think it was the baking soda. And then I stopped having any on hand so stopped putting it in) and I think the amount might be a little high. The scent overpowers the lavender/rosemary and although the deodorant doesn't seem to irritate, I think the smell has a psychological stinging effect.

    The next batch (in million years from now), I'm going to try putting only half a tablespoon in and see how that is.

      Harena (talk)12:14, 4 September 2016