Tuesday, January 3, 2023 (#3)
this evening's moon: slightly foggy, with occluding branches
- Guess we need to do a Costco run today? Eggs seem to be the main thing...
- Hopefully I will feel motivated again at some point to resume trying to use the big snake. Probably shouldn't do it before we've done the dishes, though... but then I don't know if I'd want to do it while the dishwasher is running, because that might randomly dump a bunch of water out which I'd have to catch in a bucket or something. Maybe just wait until that's done.
- Turns out Harena wasn't running the dishwasher today, so I just needed to wait until everyone was done making breakfast.
- (Kestracel postponed.)
- The check actually did deposit, finally -- so need to pay taxes.
- The Liberapay donations for TootCat also came in -- a lot less than December, but still a good increase from pre-Twitterfall. Between that and Patreon, my Digital Ocean bill is covered and then a bit more. (Still, scaling back DigOc operations in some way would probably be good.)
- Need to arrange to pick up regular monthly check which normally would have happened on the 1st, because I'll need to start paying regular bills on the 5th.
- Paid taxes. Yay.
- Replaced Costco run with an emergency Food Lion run (mainly eggs, but I also got peanuts).
- Got H's new-used Win10 PC (dropped off by Reddawg99 2 nights ago in a surprise visit) set up.
- And then there was the plumbing.
For eventual inventorying:
about to snake the kitchen drain
U-joint thingy removed; dunno why the white L-shaped pipe can't be removed too, but I didn't want to break anything
Unfortunately, the snake just went up the standpipe. This is what happened last time.
...and got tangled up in vines, so I had to climb up to untangle it.
Right next to the power mains, too. So convenient. I only accidentally touched it once!
At least the base of the ladder is on a firm surface, for a change.
This is fine. (I climbed down and moved it... closer to the power line, of course.)
christmas cactus blooming in the window -- clearly we need a ChristmasCactusCam to keep an eye on it
....and then I tried going in through the laundry room drain, but apparently the snake has some kind of tangle inside the barrel, so I couldn't use the full length. I can't decide if it's worth trying the shorter, manual snake there... may do it anyway, just to be thorough, but only if I have the energy. This took most of the day, and required multiple pauses to rest. I was afraid for a bit that I'd overdone it and was going to get a headache; it feels a bit less like that now, but overnight will be the real test.