2007-02-10 webmail to Vonage
- To: Vonage Customer Care
- From: Nick Staddon [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Subject: I have no dial tone
- Telephone: 706-534-5016
- Account Number: redacted
- Call Back Number: redacted
- Best Time to Call Back: weekends and evenings, but also frequently available during the day
- Phone Adapter: Cisco
- ISP: EarthLink
- Router Make and Model: DLink DI-604
- Telephone Make and Model: vtech
- Description of Network:
about 10 computers (mixed Linux and Windows) on a single 24-port network switch connected to the router; Vonage phones are plugged directly into the router. We have two Vonage phone adapters, and the other one works fine (different account).
- Description of Problem:
No dial tone. I have plugged the vtech phone into the other Vonage phone adapter, and it works fine there.
If I press the oval button on top of the phone adapter, I hear a voice asking for a menu selection. Pressing 1# causes it to say "PASSWD" (presumably it wants a password which I don't have).
If this unit is broken, one quick solution might be to have this phone account routed to phone line #2 on the *other* router, if that can be done. (For the other router, the account number is redacted and the phone number is redacted.)